Movers and Shakers
- Mayor Laurana Winters: The current Mayor of Freehaven. The Mayor has short cropped silver-white hair, piercing blue eyes, and an cold icy demeanor to match. She is not known for emotional outbursts and stays incredibly calm, even when disciplining an underling. She has been in office for less than six months and is not very popular with the citizens so far.
- Councilman Salazar Draconi: One of the five members of the City Council, Draconi represents the Dockside District. With a haircut and outfit as slick as his words, he knows just how to manipulate those around him to meet his goals. His family runs the largest shipping business in Freehaven and there are rumors that he used his connections with organized crime to attain his position on the Council.
- Councilman Belmyr Bitterfoot: Another of the five members of the City Council, this smooth talking Halfling represents Lowtown and also owns a number of shops in the Golden Bazaar. Belmyr has a taste for the finer things in life and deep pockets but still lives in Lowtown in the same neighborhood where he grew up to “stay in touch with the working man”.
- Councilwoman Imenarria of the House of Fallingleaf: Another Council member, this beautiful elven woman represents the Green District. She has a Gift for handling animals that comes in handy since her House owns and operates the Freehaven Zoo. She has eye catching long red hair, the color of turning leaves in the fall, and favors elegant earth toned dresses.
- Councilwoman Thola Orebreaker: The forth Council member on this list, this female dwarf represents the Prayer District and also happens to be High Priestess of the Church of the Free, the nondenominational church that worships the Free Lady as a whole, not focusing on one of her aspects. Possessing equal parts motherly understanding and fiery temper, she brings a strong religious view to every Council meeting.
- Councilman Tomassi Coppersworth III: The last member of the Council, this incredibly wealthy human owns much of the farmland outside of the city that supplies Freehaven with its food and goods. He also represents Hightown. A member of the Coppersworth family has had a seat on the council for many generations, some say due to huge bribes come election time.
- Guard Captain Dabuu Blackblade: Guard Captain Blackblade is in charge of all of Freehaven’s Officers. This powerful orc towers over most others and possesses a broken fang that juts out of his bottom jaw, making him seem frightening, but he tempers this with exquisite manners and kind words. But those who have seen him in action know that he has an endless supply of rage boiling beneath the surface, just waiting for an outlet. He is never without his Clan’s most prized possession: a polished ebony sword with a mean looking serrated edge.
- Guard Sergeant Garnon Ironbeard: A foul mouthed dwarf with a buzz cut that reveals a long deep scar on the left side of his head, and a bristly gray and black beard. At first glance, he seems like an odd choice to be overseeing the Hightown precinct, given the wealthy and cultured nature of the District. Given half a chance, he will loudly explain to you that he has EARNED this position due to his many, MANY years of faithful service to the Guard, and that the city owes him this much since he was gravely wounded in the line of duty. His manner and demeanor is extremely military like and he expects all those under his command to act accordingly…OR ELSE!
- Guard Sergeant Many-Scales: This well armored lizard folk oversees the Dockside guard precinct. He is a person of few words, allowing his thick layer of protective scales and piercing eyes to do all his communicating for him. Those who have fought by his side know that he is an unstoppable juggernaut in combat situations and knows no fear.
- Guard Sergeant Kayline Underleaf: A quick witted, sharp tongued young Halfling, she is always ready with an insult or scathing joke directed at another’s expense in order to goad them into doing something foolish. People underestimate her due to size, not realizing that her words due more damage than any weapon ever could. Due to her quick wit, she has risen up the ladder to become the youngest Guard Sergeant in the history of Freehaven. She currently oversees the Lowtown precinct, but has plans to go much higher than that.
- Guard Sergeant Evardonitio of the House Skyreach: This troubled young elf currently oversees the Green District precinct and has a strange problem on his hands: he believes that the spirit of his dead grandfather, a Guard Sergeant himself in years past, is haunting him at every minute of the day and night. This behavior is strange even under elven standards, who believe in having strong spiritual connections to their ancestors. Evardonitio has tired sunken eyes, a disheveled look about him, and has taken to referring to himself as “we” to appease the spirit of his grand father. How long he will remain in charge is unclear.
- Guard Sergeant Rachel Dobbson: A tall,beautiful raven haired woman, Guard Sergeant Dobbson exudes confidence. She makes large and sweeping hand gestures when speaking. She is a woman who clearly knows how to handle herself in troublesome situations and comes off as somewhat of a thrill seeker. She has made it a point to declare that she does not follow any religion, which the citizens of the Prayer District, which houses the precinct she currently oversees, find troublesome and bewildering.