- New players should start here to choose a race for their characters
- After choosing a background, choose which district your character lives in to pick up a bonus skill associated with the area:
Lowtown: Knowledge (Streetwise) or Sleight of Hand
Hightown: Diplomacy or Perform
Green District: Survival or Handle Animal
Dockside: Swim or Drive (ship)
Prayer District: Knowledge (Theology and Philosophy) or Medicine
- All new members of the City Guard are trained in non lethal tactics so they can make an arrest and defend themselves without killing the suspect (if possible). Thus all 1st level characters gain the feat Bring ’em Back Alive as a bonus feat.
- All new members of the City Guard receive the following starting equipment: Light crossbow with blunt tipped bolts (for non lethal damage), baton (treat as club), handcuffs, signal flare (for summoning backup), and a uniform, which consists of a blue tabard with the Freehaven symbol on the front and back. Note that you are free to use your own weapons, armor and equipment as long as you get such items approved by the Armory Watchman of your precinct.
- Learn a little about each district of Freehaven here:
- Learn about the supernatural side of Freehaven here: Gifted
- Learn some of the history of Freehaven here: The Early Days of Freedom
- Learn about the most influential citizens of Freehaven here: Movers and Shakers
- Learn about the protectors of the city here: The City Guard
- Learn a little more about the city itself here: Miscellaneous Fun Facts of Freehaven